This blog post is part 2 of my series where you will learn 110 ways to increase your website traffic, visitors and clicks. If you have not read part 1 click here. Traffic is the most important ingredient in your online success. You may have created the perfect website but, if you have on visitors your website is useless. Use the following traffic generating techniques of drive a flood on visitors to your website.
28. Email to your list every time you publish a new article or blog post.
No matter the size of your list it is vitally important to stay in touch with your email subscribers. This keeps your name fresh in their minds and builds know, like and trust. Trust is critical to your success as an online marketer.
29. Install a push notification plugin.
Push notifications are like text messages sent to people who have optin to receive notifications from you. When you have some subscribers you will be able to notify them through their browser and smartphone apps.
30. Name your images wisely
Your images can improve user experience and increase website visitors if optimized properly with the same keywords that you are using in your blog post. Apisproductions.com suggests these steps to greatly improve SEO for your images.
- Names your images descriptively and in plain language.
- Optimize your ALT attributes carefully.
- Choose your images dimensions wisely.
- Reduce the file size of your images
- Choose the right file type (JPEG, GIF, PNG).
Take a look at the Apisproductions.com article here.
31. Encourage your readers to comment
Blog post comments are a sign of user engagement to Google. Give a simple Call-To-Action inviting readers to answer a question that you pose at the end of you article. Asking them to express their opinion on the subject that you have discussed. You may even want to ask readers to share their experience and or knowledge on the subject.
32. Write better headline/titles
Ali Luke of Problogger.com says this about titles for your blog posts:
The most important words in your post are the 6–10 words in the title (also known as the headline).These words determine whether the rest of your post ever gets read. They can guarantee failure, or give your post a great shot at success. And yet many bloggers treat their title as an afterthought. They either run with the working title they thought up when planning their post, or come up with something halfhearted just so they can publish.
Read her article here.
32. Research your Keywords wisely
Here is a short video explaining the importance of proper Keyword usage.
33. Use Long tail Keywords
Think of keywords as the key which opens the internet. If used properly, keywords can open the door to a flood of traffic to your website. Keywords are all about ranking in the Search Engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.)
However, it is impossible to rank well in search with a single keyword, This is where “Longtail Keywords” come into play. Long tail Keywords are a phrase that a person would key into the search bar or ask Alexa.
Here is an example: ‘Ford’ is a keyword. ‘Ford of Chicago’ is a long tail keyword.
The ideal situation is to research and find a long tail keyword that has a lot of people searching for it but very few blog posts videos or websites using those words.
You will need to Keyword Research Tool for finding long tail keywords. There are several free keyword research tools, Google Keyword Planner is one that is free.
I find the Google Keyword Planner not very user-friendly. Click here. to get the keyword tool that I use and recommend.
34. Get a Podcaster to mention your product or service
Be a guest host on a podcast related to your niche, pay for an advertisement on a podcast or offer your service for free in exchange for a promotional plug.
35. Get a Popular YouTuber to give to a review
Provide a YouTuber your product or service for free in exchange for a product review.
36. Create a Facebook Business Page
Driving Facebook traffic to your website or blog starts with your Facebook Business Page. Your Facebook business page serves as your business profile but, you must first have a personal profile. Here is a step by step training compliments of Hootsuite.
37. Create a Facebook Group
Lifewire.com answers the question – What is a Facebook Group?
A Facebook Group is a place for group communication and for people to share their common interests and express their opinion. They let people come together around a common cause, issue or activity to organize, express objectives, discuss issues, post photos, and share related content.
Watch this YouTube tutorial for instructions on How to create a Facebook Group.
38. Share pictures quotes on social media
39. Ask your reader to share on their social network
(Sharing is caring). Use a social share plugin. I use the WordPress plugin named AddToAny share button.
40. Ask your social media friends/followers to share your content
41. Ask your family members to leave a comment on your blog post
42. Create share worthy Headline/Titles
Like mentioned in number 31 above, 80% of your readers will only read the headline so do this:
- Generate curiosity
- Use power words such as these suggested by Cristian at Wordclerks.com
Absolutely, blow your mind, best, complete, destiny, fascinating, innovative, monumental, professional, simplified, try before you buy, that will make you.
43. Use OktoPost to automate your sharing.
Oktopost is a social media management platform for Business to Business. If you specialise in B2B, check it out you maybe able to use it to drive traffic to your website.
44. Update your old content and resubmit to Google via Google Console
You cannot just move paragraphs around or change the title. The content needs to be different. If you significantly change the content of an old article then you can go into Google Search Console and resubmit the sitemap that contains that page.
45. RSS Feed
RSS feed is kind of outdated, but if you choose to make it available on your blog, you may pick up some subscribers. Here is a YouTube video that does a really good job of explaining RSS and how it may increase your website traffic. RSS is a set-it-and-forget strategy.
46. YouTube Community Tab
If you have a YouTube channel with 1000 subscribers or more, take advantage of the YouTube Community Tab to engage your audience on a more personal level. The Community Tab gives YouTube channels the opportunity to post status updates, photos, links, GIFs, polls, etc. similar to Facebook. Subscribers and visitors can like and reply to Community Tab content. Use your community tab to share content from your website and to encourage viewers to visit your website.
47. Build back links to your website
In this video Neil Patel explains how important back links are to SEO and how to build them.
48. Comment on your niche Influencers blog posts
Because so many people have dismissed blog commenting as an outdated strategy, it is now easier that ever to write good comments that Influencers will notice. Here are some helpful hints to utilize in your comment strategy.
- Use your real photo in your Gravatar Image.
- Use your real name not a nickname.
- Read the post before commenting.
- Do not and I repeat do not dump links in your comments.
- Read the other comments before writing your comment.
- Start with a friendly greeting.
- Offer a sincere compliment
- Do not drone on and on. The rule is “quality not quantity”.
- Do not repeat what the post just said. Be original and add value
- Ask the author a thoughtful question, offer your opinion (pro or con).
- Share personal insights or anecdotes.
- End your comment with a promise that you will share the post
- Share the post.
49. Cross Promote with others in your niche
Look for bloggers in your niche that are not directly competing with you. Approach them and work out a plan for the two of you to cross promote to your respective audiences on social media and or email lists.
50. Put a quiz or poll on your website of social media page.
Do not call it a survey. For best result call it a Quiz or Poll. Offer an incentive to your audience that will encourage their participation. Offer a free download, checklist, cheat sheet, etc,
51. Write Wikipedia articles
You will be able to link to your website or blog wit your Wikipedia article.
52. Create your own Wikipedia page.
Here is a short tutorial on how to create your own Wikipedia page.
53. Write weekly or monthly Roundup Posts
In a nutshell, a roundup post is a compilation of expert answers to a single question. Roundup posts are very valuable to readers because they get many expert opinions in one place. The post brings in traffic because many of the experts will share your post with their audiences.
It is important to contact the experts and let them know that you have included them in your roundup post. Don’t ask them directly to share your post but, say something like this “I have published a roundup post on xyz subject and included your take on it. If you would like to check it out here is the link. If you like it, please feel free to share it.”
54. Set up an email signature which includes your website address
This is my email signature: “Visit https://tomcaldwellonline.com where you can find training to build a profitable online business.”
Okay there you have it another 27 ways to increase your website traffic, visitors & clicks.
Now it is time for you to take action and put some of these techniques to work. Without action nothing happens.
Remember: “Action takers are money makers.”