Learn how to set up your audience email list quick and easy.
Do you know the #1 method for build a profitable affiliate marketing business? Answer: Email. You may be surprised to learn that all successful digital marketers, (I am talking about online marketers who earn 6 and 7 figure incomes), consider Email Marketing their number 1 tool for converting their Prospects into Buyers.
According to the Data & Marketing Association:
“Social media is important, but an email subscriber is more valuable than a social media follower, if you had 1,000 followers, 1,000 organic website visitors, and 1,000 email subscribers and you tried to sell your offer to all of them, you could except to convert 5.9 followers, 24.9 searchers, 42.4 subscribers. When it comes to purchases made as a result of receiving a marketing message, email has the highest conversion rate of 66%.”
You heard correctly, Email is the best conversion tool in the sales process! Of course, SEO, Social Media, Messenger, Skype, paid advertising, funnels all play a part in the overall picture. But nothing beats email.
“A small list that wants exactly what you’re offering is better than a bigger list that isn’t committed.” ~Ramsay Leimenstoll
Why is Email Marketing so important?
“Email marketing is important for building relationships with prospects, leads, current customers, and even past customers because it gives you a chance to speak directly to them, in their inbox, at a time that is convenient for them.” – inboundrocket.co
Email builds know, like, and trust which leads to sales, Along with sales you earn affiliate commissions. I don’t know about you but, I am in business to earn a commission (money).
In short, email builds relationships. Relationships are personal and far more intimate than the casual encounters on social media.
Receiving a personal email in your inbox is a lot more meaningful than glancing at a post on Facebook that’s been shared with 800 other people.
Benefits of Email
In her book 300 Email Marketing Tips, Meera Kothand shares these important benefits of email:
- You own your email list.
- Email gives you more than one opportunity to sell.
- There’s is less competition. (If your subscriber associate you name with a positive emotion or value.)
- Email helps establish trust.
Here is the 5 Step Process to Email Success
These steps are also provided by Meera Kothand.
1.Start with traffic to your website, blog, funnel or lead magnet with an incentive or lead magnet ( a free resource that you offer in exchange for an email address.)
2.You then capture this traffic via a lead capture system such as an opt-in form or landing page.
3. You can then present your new subscriber with a one-time offer or tripwire. This is your first attempt at converting a subscriber into a buyer.
4. Your new scriber receives your welcome email.
5. Depending you the end goal and pathway you’ve set out for the subscriber, you will send a dedicated series of emails or follow-up email sequence (of value-packed content, freebies, etc.) that primes and nudges that subscriber toward that end goal.
You can have the traffic coming to your entry point via various means (Social media, search engine, etc) but, the 5 Step Process always stays the same. You don’t even need to do paid advertising.
7 Email Marketing Power Tips
(These tips provided by Syndni Craig-Hart, she is an email expert at Constant Contact)
- Build relationships Think in terms of your closes relationships with friends and family. Relationships rely on regular interaction.
- Be consistent Send out emails on a regular basis. Don’t neglect your list.
- Fine-tune your subject lines Headline is the key to getting eyes on your emails. Try these best practices to increase open rates. Include numbers (” 4 Subject line hacks to increase email open rates” Use brackets and capital letters to indicate when there is a [VIDEO] or [FREE REPORT] Ask a question “(Do you make this common Twitter mistake?”) Create curiosity by using the word “this” or “that” (Why I love this WordPress plugin.”)
- Share relevant content Position yourself as the expert that share trusted resources (created by your and other influencers within your niche) Share: YouTube videos, blog posts, infographics, picture quotes. When you pack you emails with great content, the reader is more likely to open, read, click and buy.
- Sell less stuff If every email is a sales copy, your list will stop opening, unsubscribe or worst yet – report your emails as Spam.
- Always Include a call to action When you set down to compose an email ask yourself this question “What do I want the reader to do?” Do you want your reader to click on a link, share your content on social media, or Make a purchase? Here is a Call-To-Action watch this example: “Watch this power pack video, Click here now!”
- Include affiliate offers Boost your chance of profitability by including affiliate product and services that provide solutions and value that your ideal audience wants or needs. You can include one or more relevant affiliate offer in the body of your email. Make your offers educational and helpful.
- Give discounts and freebies Reward your subscriber for loyalty. Give your reads exclusive offers such as coupons, discounts, freebies, and other special deals.
Tom’s Bonus Tips
- Choose your email service provider carefully. Most do not play well with affiliate marketers. Click here to build your list on the email management system made especially for affiliate marketers. (This is the email management system that I use).
- Embed videos in your emails
- Set up your email signature
- Think mobile (the majority of email is opened on mobile these days.)
Things you need to build your email list
- The email service provider (autoresponder).
- Lead Magnet (a freebie that you give in order to collect an email address).
- Landing page (a webpage the promotes your Lead Magnet and collects email addresses).
- Thank you page.
- Follow up sequence of emails that contain value-packed free content.
Make building your email list a priority! Start building your list and nurturing your subscribers from day one!
“Action takers are money makers.”
Do This: Click here to start using the autoresponder and funnel builder that I use to build my email list.
Do this: Get Meera Kothand’s book 300 Email Marketing Tips. It is available on Amazon, Kindle, and anywhere books are sold.